Beautiful Scenery, Fine Cuisine,
Recommended in the 2013 MICHELIN GUIDE ALASKA (“MUST SEES”). Celebrate your vacation in the only place exclusively recommended by Michelin Guide in Wrangell St Elias! “McCarthy Lodge and neighboring Ma Johnson’s Hotel offer comfortable accommodations and renowned Alaska cuisine and expert information about nearby activities”
- Best dining experience in Wrangell St. Elias National Park
- A fully restored award winning hotel
- Only local venue available to enjoy late night food & entertainment
- Best place to unwind after spending an amazing day exploring the beauty of Wrangell St-Elias National Park!
- Click here to make your reservation or request more information>>
Our accommodations and restaurants are in the very center of the largest protected wilderness on earth. McCarthy is surrounded by more mountains and glaciers than anywhere else in Alaska! Experience the unexpected; unique tasting menus with casual style at McCarthy Lodge. The Golden Saloon offers a hearty menu of family favorites. Spend a few minutes in the Golden Saloon and make friends instantly. So why not come join the locals and celebrate your vacation in McCarthy? The Golden Saloon has open mic and live band nights. There is always a softball game on Friday nights. The locals and visitors love to mingle in the streets after a great day hiking and exploring Kennicott. But make no mistake, while Kennicott is all tucked in by 9pm, the night life is just starting in McCarthy!
Come see why National Geographic chose us to be one of only 4 Alaskan “Authentic, Sustainable, Memorable” properties included in their “129 Hotels We Love”