RETAIL CLERKS & RETAIL STORE MANAGEMENT
Do you have retail or grocery store (or retail management) experience? We are seeking retail clerks and a store manager for the McCarthy Center Store – a grocery and hardware store for the community of McCarthy. Management position must be available from mid May through September 15th. Clerk positions are from May 28th to September 8th.
McCarthy Lodge is located in the middle of Wrangell St. Elias National Park. We provide free housing. Pay dependent on experience. Pay is bi-monthly based on hours.
Are you self motivated & love the outdoors? Ever wanted to spend a summer having loads of fun in a remote Alaskan lodge? We are McCarthy Ventures LLC, (dba: McCarthy Lodge & The Ma Johnson’s Hotel) and we are searching for a few great additions to our team.
These are full time positions for the summer 2014 season. Transportation to/from Anchorage to our remote lodge (inside America’s largest National Park) will be provided.
The McCarthy Center is looking for our new Store Manager – do you have the professional experience to run our busy, dynamic, community centered Grocery and Hardware store?
Full time position, May 15th to September 20th 2014. Transportation to/from Anchorage to our remote lodge (inside America’s largest National Park) will be provided.
Before you submit a resume, please read about our area first. Google McCarthy, Alaska and poke around our website: McCarthyLodge.com
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Grocery store with at least 2 years Supervisory and/or Management experience.
- Strong food knowledge especially helpful to have experience with dietary issues such as gluten free and vegan; some preapred foods knowledge is helpful. Produce experience is prefered.
- Experience Supervising staff is required.
- Strong store management skills product knowledge, scheduling as well as inventory and banking strengths are preferred.
- Ability to manage staff members in a remote location with minimal supervision.
- Experience with new product introduction, prepared food concept changes and updates also prefered.
- Familiarity with ordering and vendor relations.
- Strong knowledge of cash register operations
- Strong managerial and leadership skills required.
- Strong Commitment to customer and client service, possessing excellent guest service skills, Demonstrate initiative, leadership and team building skills
- Ability to manage frequent change, and critically analyze numbers and concepts.
- Ability to manage their own time as well as the time of others
- Work closely with the Owner to ensure effective overall store operations of Fresh Food handling, Liquor store operations, and Hardware store operations.
- Responsible for the management of all aspects of Liquor Store operations in accordance with ABC board criteria.
- Scheduling of the store team.
- Maintains and organizes all storage rooms.
- Weekly liquor orders coordinated with the owner.
- Facilitates special store related projects.
- Responsible for all scheduling, training and development of Team Members.
- Handle guest relations and monitor adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Maintain physical condition of facilities..
- Order and maintain all inventories for area, maintain cost control efforts for labor and waste management and conduct meetings updating staff on daily goals and objectives.
- Responsible for department budgets including payroll and controllable spending.
Job Contact Info
- Email your resume to: help@McCarthyLodge.com
- Put in the subject line “STORE LEADERSHIP APPLICANT”
Store clerks assist customers with their purchases. You would also be responsible for the complete cleanliness of the store. Opening and closing duties include constant adjustment of product on the shelves, stocking product. Rotating produce, moving produce from walk in to produce case. Receiving weekly orders. Inventory at specific times of the season. Running a cash register, accounting for the cash drawer and sales, as well as running credit card purchases. Our product mix is unique and includes everything from bulk goods to fresh produce; from frozen foods to fresh dairy and gluten free baked goods; from fasteners and building materials to chainsaws to hammers; and of course you will be scooping many ice cream cones during the summer! Natural foods or generic packaged goods, we need to satisfy a wide range of product needs for our community. In 2014 we will be moving the liquor store over to this retail plaza. Preference will be given to applicants 21 or older, however we do have the ability to hire person younger than 18 for the store. Liquor service training certification valid in Alaska, can be completed in McCarthy, online.
The ideal candidate is well organized, completes tasks in a timely manner, and communicates well with other team members. We provide a safe, clean, fun place to work for the most memorable summer of your life! You provide the great attitude, with a sense of urgency when needed. We only have a few positions open for each season as most of our staff return every summer!
There is a great opportunity in leadership for an experienced retail or grocery store manager. If you have 3+ years of grocery store or retail store management experience, please email your resume with “Store Leadership” in the subject line.
We are seeking individuals with a strong work ethic who expect to be treated fairly and treat others the same way; have a great summer, and put in a solid days work in our various operations located in the remote setting of Wrangell St. Elias National Park.
Compensation includes housing. Excellent pay (DOE). Completion bonus for staying the season. Transportation between Anchorage and McCarthy will be provided at no cost. In addition, there are opportunities to participate in outdoor activities such as flight seeing, ice climbing, rafting and more at reduced rates or free. Many of our local tour operators want you to experience their adventures so you will have first hand knowledge when asked by guests about activities!
To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Full time position. Must be able to work 32 to 40 hours, with overtime if needed.
Must be able to work independently and with others.
Must be able to pass a clean background check (no arrests or convictions).
Must be at least 18, but preference will be given to applicants over 21 years old (due to liquor sales laws) One under 21 employee can work the morning opening shift
High School Diploma or GED.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please email a resume, (with 3 job references) to us for consideration!
STORE CLERK – HOW TO APPLY:
- Email your resume to: help@McCarthyLodge.com
- Put in the subject line “STORE CLERK APPLICANT”