FRONT OF THE HOUSE BAR MANAGER
The Golden Saloon is looking for our new Bar Manager – do you have the professional experience to run our busy, exciting, dynamic and very authentic original saloon?
Full time position, May 15th to September 20th 2014. Transportation to/from Anchorage to our remote lodge (inside America’s largest National Park) will be provided.
Before you submit a resume, please read about our area first. Google McCarthy, Alaska and poke around our website: McCarthyLodge.com
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Restaurants or Bars with Supervisory and/or Management experience.
- Strong food knowledge with a variety of menus and previous experience supervising Managers and service personnel required.
- Strong drink knowledge with some wine knowledge preferred.
- Ability to manage challenging staff members in a remote location with minimal supervision.
- Experience with new menu implementation, restaurant concept changes and updates.
- Familiarity with foodservice equipment procurement, maintenance, vendor relations.
- Strong knowledge of computerized point-of-sale system operations
- Strong managerial and leadership skills required.
- Strong Commitment to customer and client service, possessing excellent guest service skills, Demonstrate initiative, leadership and team building skills
- Ability to manage frequent change, and critically analyze numbers and concepts.
- Ability to manage their own time as well as the time of others
- Work closely with the Owner and Chef to ensure effective overall operations of Food & Beverage, including restaurant, bar, & kitchen.
- Responsible for the management of all aspects of all assigned areas of responsibility in Food & Beverage in accordance with DNC criteria and other priorities as set forth by management.
- Scheduling of front of house employees
- Maintains and organizes all storage rooms.
- Weekly liquor orders.
- Facilitates special projects as directed by the Owner.
- Responsible for all scheduling, training and development of foodservers and bartenders.
- Is able to train new bartenders and servers
- Handle guest relations and monitor adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Maintain physical condition of facilities..
- Order and maintain all inventories for area, maintain cost control efforts for labor and waste management and conduct meetings updating staff on daily goals and objectives.
- Menu planning and design in coordination with the Executive Chef.
- Responsible for department budgets including payroll and controllable spending.
Apply by email with Resume and cover letter to: INFO@McCarthyLodge.com