CLEAN, SIMPLE ROOMS FOR THE BUDGET-MINDED TRAVELER
- Lancaster’s Hotel is located in downtown McCarthy.
- Not a hostel so there are no shared duties, no kitchen area, and the no-frills style rooms are basic.
- Newly renovated. Most rooms have bunk, twin or double beds or a combination of bed types.
- Lancaster’s is a very popular hotel with back-country hikers.
- Only 10 rooms.
- Reading room
- Single-person-use shared bathrooms and shower rooms.
- Baggage Storage available at no charge while you visit the spectacular back country destinations of this World Heritage Site.
- Lancaster’s is open from June 1st to September 10th each year.
THE HISTORY OF LANCASTER’S BACKPACKER HOTEL
Lancaster’s is located in the Jim Edwards historic home and is named after another former tenant, Slim Lancaster – two of McCarthy’s long line of well-known characters. The restoration of Lancaster’s began in 2002 and opened in spring 2003. Upgrades were performed in May 2009. The final upgrade to an improved no-frills budgetel was completed in late 2011.
AMENITIES INCLUDED WITH YOUR ROOM
Linens, blankets, and towels are provided. (You may use your own sleeping bags if you prefer.)
LANCASTER’S BACKPACKER HOTEL RATES FOR 2014
|Room Type||# Persons||Rate|
|Single or Double occupancy||1 or 2||$99.00|
|Triple occupancy (Limited availability)||3||$149.00|
|Quad occupancy (Limited availability)||4||$179.00|
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION NOW
If you’re ready to book your unique, authentic Alaskan vacation, click here to make your reservation now.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Transportation from the parking areas to Lancaster’s is not provided by the hotel, but we can suggest several options to get here. If you arrive before 5PM you can take the main shuttle to McCarthy. Carts for crossing the footbridge can not be used to haul luggage past the footbridge.